This desert is a pistachio version of my Sicilian baked cheesecake (recipe here). You can also add some pistachio liquor for a more strong flavor.
The absence of wheat and flour make it suitable for people who cannot take gluten.
On this website, you can also find a chocolate version of this delicious dessert (recipe here).
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time1 Hour
- Serving4 people
- Cooking methodOven
- 700 gfresh Sicilian ricotta cheese
- 165 gicing sugar
- 2 spoonspistachios cream
- 1 spoonpistachio liquor (optional)
- q.s.ground pistachio (to decorate)
– put the eggs in a large bowl together with the sugar;
– whisk everything together till sugar melts completely;
– sift the ricotta onto the above mixture and blend everything together;
– add the pistachios cream and the liquor, mix everything together;
– pour the cake mixture onto a greased baking tray of 22 cm diameter;
– bake at 170 degrees for about 60 minutes
– top with ground pistachio