Who does not like nice, crispy fried calamari?
This recipe is very simple. I used rice flour to obtain a very crunchy result (which it is also gluten free).
If you like extra flavor, you can mix the flour with any ground spice you like.
- Preparation time20 Minutes
- Cooking time3 Minutes
- Servingserves 2 persons
- Cooking methodFrying
- 1 loil to fry
- 8calamari (or squids)
- q.s.rice flour
- q.s.table salt
– clean the calamari as follow: after removing the head from the coat, remove the transparent cartilage and entrails. Cut and remove eyes and beak from the head. Eliminate the skin from the mantle and tentacles. Cut the mantle of squid into rings and leave the tentacles whole.
– dredge the squids in the rice flour, paying attention to the tentacles;
– Sift them in a colander to remove excess flour and fry a few pieces at a time, calculating approximately 3 minutes each turn;
– once fried, drain them on a sheet of kitchen paper towel;
– best served with a pinch of table salt and drops of lemon juice.