This desert is a chocoholic version of my Sicilian baked cheesecake (recipe here). Scented with cinnamon and orange zest. The absence of wheat and flour make it suitable for people who cannot take gluten.
It is a very moist cake with a very delicate flavor and texture.
I hope you will enjoy it ?
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time1 Hour
- Cooking methodOven
- 600 gfresh Sicilian ricotta cheese
- 150 gdark muscovado brown sugar
- 100 gDark chocolate chips
- 50 mlMarsala wine (optional)
- 2 spoonsunsweetened cocoa powder
- 1grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1 spoonunsweetened cocoa powder (for the final topping)
– put the eggs in a large bowl together with the sugar;
– whisk everything together till sugar melts completely;
– sift the ricotta onto the above mixture and blend everything together;
– add the 2 spoons cocoa powder, the ground cinnamon, the chocolate chips and the orange zest, mix everything together;
– pour the cake mixture onto a greased baking tray of 22 cm diameter;
– bake at 165 degrees for about 60 minutes;
– allow to cool down then sprinkle some cocoa powder on top, then put it in the fridge for at least 2 hour before serving it.
After the cake cools down, store it in the fridge. Consume within 2 days.