Italy’s Parmigiana is a well known traditional recipe made of baked layers of fried or grilled eggplant slices, alternated with grated Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce and melting cheese.
This recipe is an easy oven roasted Parmesan and cheese potatoes version of the original recipe.
A crispy top layer of roasted potatoes hiding a delicious soft and cheesy heart.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time30 Minutes
- Servingserves 2 people
- Cooking methodOven
- 300 gprovolone cheese
- 150 gshaved Parmesan cheese
- 4potatoes (medium size)
- q.s.dry ground oregano
- q.s.ground pepper
- q.s.extra-virgin olive oil
– peel the potatoes and put them in a pan with boiling water for 10 minutes;
– drain the potatoes and allow them to cool down a bit;
– slice the potatoes very thinly;
– grease a 22cm diameter baking tray;
– cover the bottom of the baking tray with some slices potatoes, overlap the edges of the slices to ensure there are no gaps between them;
– sprinkle some shaved Parmesan onto the slices;
– sprinkle dry oregano and ground pepper and then some extra virgin olive oil too;
– top with thin slices of Provolone cheese
– repeat the above steps for another 2 times;
– bake at 180 degrees for 30/40 minutes or till golden