Are you looking for a delicious but healthy treat? Would you like an natural alternative to commercial protein bars for you post work-out?
Well, then this recipe is what you have been looking for!
Beautiful and mouthwatering moist truffles with a thin and crunchy dark chocolate coating!
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Rest time1 Hour
- Servingmakes around 15 truffles
- Cooking methodStove
For the truffles
- 200 gpeanut butter
- 50 gground almond
- 50 gdry coconut flakes
- 2bananas (ripe)
- 1 spoonpeanut oil (the one floating in the peanut butter jar)
- 1 teaspoonground cinnamon
For the coating
- 250 gdark chocolate
– put all the ingredients of the truffles into a food processor;
– blend everything together till you get a smooth paste;
– transfer the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour;
– melt the dark chocolate over a bain-marie;
– take the truffle mixture out of the fridge;
– take half a spoon mixture into the palm of your hand and shape a ball, sink the ball into the melted chocolate and drain it with a fork, then put the coated truffle on a tray;
– repeat the above step till you have finished the mixture;
– refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving;
N.B. these truffles must be store into the fridge and consume within 3 days.