This cream is as quick to make as the minutes you’d take to devour it!
The most important passage is to reduce hazelnuts to a smooth paste with no sandy texture. Work well with the food processor, but pulse the hazelnuts to prevent the appliance from overheating and from getting damaged.
If you like a more sweet or milk-chocolate taste, then replace the chocolate 55% with one having a smaller percentage of cocoa.
- Preparation time20 Minutes
- Servingmakes 1 jar
- Cooking methodStove
- 300 gdark chocolate (55% cocoa mass)
- 250 groasted hazelnut
- 1vanilla pod
– use a food processor to blend the hazelnuts till they became a smooth oily paste;
– melt the chocolate in a bain-marie together with the vanilla seeds, then pour it onto the hazelnut paste;
– mix everything together till you get a smooth cream;
– pour it into a sterilized empty jam jar;
N.B. The cream is a bit liquid at first, but it will thicken as it cools down.