These delicious cookies are filled with my homemade hazelnut & chocolate spreadable cream (recipe here).
They are very easy and fun to make.
They are a nice treat for your kinds, but also for us adults during our coffee breaks!
- Preparation time20 Minutes
- Rest time1 Hour
- Cooking time15 Minutes
- Servingmakes 12 button cookies
- Cooking methodOven
- 300 gwhite spelt flour (or white flour type 0)
- 170 glight muscovado brown sugar
- 125 mlsunflower oil (cold pressed)
- 100 grice flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 pinchtable salt
– sift the flour and the rice flour onto a large bowl;
– put the sugar into a separate bowl together with the eggs, mix them quickly till the sugar melts into the eggs;
– pour it onto the bowl with the flours, add the grated lemon zest and the pinch of salt;
– knead well with you hands till you get a dough (try to work the ingredient as quick as you can can);
– wrap the dough in some cling film and keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour;
– work the short pastry with a rolling pin to form a disc with half centimetre thickness;
– use a round cookie cutter of 5 cm diameter to shape 24 cookies;
– use a straw to make 4 holes on 12 cookies;
– put a teaspoon chocolate cream on the remaining 12 flat cookies;
– top them with the pierced cookies and press gently;
– bake at 170 degrees for about 15 minutes or till lightly golden;