This morning I was expecting guests who really love Sicilian almond paste biscuits, so I start making them using my recipe (you can find it here). Since I had some roasted coffee beans at home, I had the sudden idea of adding coffee flavor to them.
The result is a beautiful biscuit with a moist heart of almonds and coffee! My guests loved them, so I hope you will as well 🙂
P.S. As the original Sicilian almond paste biscuits, even this version is gluten-free.
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Cooking time10 Minutes
- Servingmakes about 20 small biscuits
- Cooking methodOven
- 260 gground almond
- 160 gicing sugar
- 20roasted coffee beans
- 3egg whites
- 1 teaspoonground coffee
– put the ground almond, the icing sugar and the ground coffee in a bowl, mix them well together;
– add the egg whites and mix well;
– mix and knead well everything till you get a moist “dough”;
– transfer the dough inside a sac à poche, and create small balls onto a baking tray previously folded with baking paper;
– place a coffee bean in the middle of each biscuits;
– cook in preheated oven at 170 degrees for around 10 minutes.
N.B. These biscuits are ready as soon as they start to golden. They should remain soft and moist. If you overcook them, then they will become hard and dry instead.