I am going for a little trip back in time with this recipe. A treat my mum and granny used to give us as children.
This is a delicious custard cream flavoured with cocoa, and laying on a dry biscuit base.
The pudding will need to rest a bit in the fridge before serving. This would allow the custard to settle and the biscuits to become moist.
The ground cinnamon topping the pudding is perfect final touch.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe 😋
- Cooking time15 Minutes
- Servingserves 4 people
- Cooking methodStove
- 250 mlwhole milk
- 25 gdark muscovado brown sugar
- 20 gcornstarch
- 1 spoonunsweetened cocoa powder
- 4dry biscuits
- q.s.ground cinnamon
– pour the milk onto a saucepan;
– put the saucepan onto the stove on a medium heat;
– meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix together the yolk with the cocoa, cornstarch and the sugar;
– when the milk is about to boil remove the saucepan from the stove, pour the egg mixture onto it and keep on mixing well until the cream thickens;
– take four 15cm diameter short bowl (or creme brulée tray) and place a dry biscuit on the bottom of each bowl;
– pour the custard onto the biscuits;
– sprinkle ground cinnamon on the top;
– refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving