Must is obtained from the unfermented juice of grapes extracted by crushing or pressing, before it is converted into wine.
In Sicily it used to make a traditional pudding, while in some other part of central Italy it is the main ingredient of this beautiful cookies.
Typically, they are scented with some vanilla or aniseeds. However, I want to give them a pre-Christmas touch and I used cloves and cinnamon.
This cookies are very easy to make, and they will disappear very easily too!
- DifficultyVery easy
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Cooking time15 Minutes
- Servingmakes 24 cookies
- Cooking methodOven
- 600 gwhite flour (I used spelt flour)
- 200 mlmust
- 200 mlsunflower oil (cold pressed)
- 200 gbrown sugar
- 1 teaspoonground cloves
- 1 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1 pinchtable salt
- q.s.white sugar (for the optional topping)
– mix the wine, oil, sugar and salt with a whisk;
– scent with the spices and stir in the flour until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous;
– divide the dough into many equal pieces, roll them up on a work surface, so as to form small cylinders, then join the ends to make the donuts;
– optionally, top them with some sugar;
– arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper;
– bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10/15 minutes, until golden.