These vegetarian fried balls are made with two high-protein legumes. Both beans are really good and healthy for the body, especially the digestive organs.
You can serve them with your favorite dip, or you can also add them to a nice tomato sauce.
Cottoia is a variety of fava bean which is cultivated in Modica, south-east of Sicily, and that is renowned for its quality.
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Cooking time5 Minutes
- Servingserves 2/3 persons
- Cooking methodAir-fryingFrying
– pour the flours onto a large bowl;
– add the salt, the spices, the garlic finely chopped and mix well;
– pour the water and start mixing till you get a smooth dough;
– take half a spoon dough and create a ball with the palms of your hands;
– repeat till you finish the dough;
– pour the frying oil into a frying pan and bring the oil to heat;
– deep fry the vegetarian meatballs for about 3/5 minutes;