This cake has a wonderful texture: moist but not too dense, firm but not dry.
Moreover, the mix of spices makes this cake a real pleasure for the smell sense. The scent recalls Christmas atmosphere too.
The muscovado sugar and the chestnut honey also give an unique character to the rustic flavor of this sponge cake.
Save this recipe because it will become one of your favorites!
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time50 Minutes
- Servingserves 6-8 people
- Cooking methodOven
- 400 gpumpkin pulp
- 260 gwhite spelt flour (or type 0 flour)
- 200 mlsunflower oil (cold pressed)
- 200 gdark muscovado sugar
- 100 gchestnut honey
- 60 gcornstarch
- 20 gbicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinchtable salt
- 1 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoonground ginger
- 1 teaspoonground cardamom
- 1 teaspoonground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoonground cloves
– cut the pumpkin pulp into small cubes, then transfer them into a food processor;
– add the oil and blend everything together by using a food processor;
– put the eggs into a large bowl;
– add the sugar, the salt and the honey, then whip till you get a smooth cream;
– now add the blended pumpkin and mix well;
– sift the flour, the cornstarch and the bicarbonate of soda onto the liquid mixture;
– mix everything together, then sift the spices and mix well;
– pour the obtained cake dough onto a greased cake baking tray of 24 cm diameter;
– bake at 170 degrees for about 45/50minutes;