This is salad is typical dish in Sicily. The unexpected twist of orange and fennel, gives the salad a note of fresh and satisfying flavour, as well as an original creative touch.
It is the ideal meal to prepare after the feasts, or the day after a rich lunch. It is light yet nutrients and filling.
It takes just a few minutes to prepare and you could also substitute tuna with mackerel fillets.
- DifficultyVery easy
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Servingserves 2 persons
- Cooking methodNo cooking
- 200 gtuna in oil
- 1fennel (bulb only, stalks discarded)
- 2 spoonscapers
- 10pitted olives
- 2 spoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- q.s.table salt
- q.s.ground black pepper
- q.s.fresh parsley
– peel the orange, cut in into wedges;
– remove any remaining white membrane on around the wedges;
– cut each wedge into 2;
– take the fennel bulb and slice it thinly;
– put the sliced fennel bulb and the orange wedges into a large bowl;
– add the olives, the capers and mix well;
– drain the tuna and add it to the salad too;
– adjust of salt and pepper;
– serve topped with fresh chopped parsley