If you liked the traditional Sicilian Almond Paste Biscuit (you can find the recipe here), then you must try the version with pistachio.
Pistacchio di Bronte D.O.P. is the essential ingredient to exalt these delicious Sicilian biscuits.
I hope you will enjoy them 🙂
P.S. On this website you will also find Sicilian Almond Biscuits flavored with Coffee (recipe here).
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time10 Minutes
- Servingmakes around 12 biscuits
- Cooking methodOven
- 200 gground pistachio (Pistacchio di Bronte D.O.P.)
- 75 gbrown icing sugar
- 50 mlegg white
- 1 spoonorange blossom honey
- 1organic lemon (zest only)
- q.s.icing sugar (to shape the biscuits)
– put the ground pistachio and the icing sugar into a bowl, mix them well together;
– add the egg white and mix well;
– add the honey;
– add the grated zest of the lemon;
– mix and knead well everything till you get a moist “dough”;
– roll the dough onto some icing sugar and form a long tube, then get shapes of small balls;
– cook in preheated oven at 160 degrees for around 10 minutes.
N.B. These biscuits are ready as soon as they start to golden. They should remain soft and moist. If you overcook them, then they will become hard and dry instead.