This is one of those recipes that are literally improvised when I have little time to prepare a dessert for surprise guests. I just open the cupboard and be creative.
This time, the result was a blend of Sicily’s best specialties concentrated in a cup.
The almond, the ricotta, the unique raw chocolate from Modica and the Marsala wine. Every teaspoon in a taste of my beautiful Sicily.
You will love it, I can guarantee that to you!
- DifficultyVery easy
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Rest time2 Hours
- Servingmakes 4 cups
- Cooking methodNo cooking
- 400 gfresh ricotta
- 100 gCioccolato di Modica IGP (I used vanilla flavored one )
- 8Sicilian almond biscuits
- 4 spoonsmarsala wine
- q.s.candied orange and cedar peel (to decorate)
– sift the ricotta onto a large bowl;
– whip the ricotta till you get a smooth cream;
– crush the chocolate into a blender and then reduce it to dust;
– add the grounded chocolate to the ricotta and mix well;
– ground the biscuits with your hands;
– put two grounded almond biscuits on the bottom of each glass;
– wet each base with a spoon of Marsala wine;
– top them with the ricotta and chocolate cream;
– decorate with the candied orange and cedar peel;
– refrigerate for at least 2 hours in order to allow the ricotta to absorb the flavor and sugar contained into the grounded chocolate;
– keep refrigerated and consume within 36 hours