This sponge cake is the delicious union of fresh ricotta cheese and unsweetened pure cocoa powder.
The intense and bitter taste of the cocoa powder meets the rich milky freshness of the ricotta. The latter also gives softness and a delicate flavor to the cake.
This sponge is the ideal as a snack with your coffee or tea, but as a dessert at the end of a meal.
- Preparation time20 Minutes
- Cooking time45 Minutes
- Servingserves 8 people
- Cooking methodOven
- 200 gwhite spelt flour (or white flour type 0)
- 200 gfresh ricotta cheese
- 200 gdark muscovado brown sugar
- 150 mlsunflower oil (cold pressed)
- 20 gunsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoonbaking powder
- q.s.icing sugar (optional for the topping)
– combine the sugar and the eggs together, whisk for about 10 minutes or till you get a tick cream;
– sift the ricotta cheese onto the egg cream, mix well;
– take another large bowl and sift the flour, the cocoa powder, the ground cinnamon and the baking powder onto it;
– mix everything together, then pour it onto the ricotta and eggs cream;
– mix gently till all ingredients are well amalgamated;
– pour the oil and mix well till it gets absorbed completely;
– pour the thus obtained cake mixture onto a greased baking tray of 22cm diameter;
– bake at 170 degrees for about 50 minutes;
– serve topped with some icing sugar;