I love using dry pasta made of legumes. It is a quick protein meal to make and it gives you similar experience to a normal wheat pasta.
Indeed, you can find some recipes on this website under the vegetarian section.
This is a very quick sauce to make, where the sweet taste of the pumpkin is well balanced by the salty tomato paste.
Ready in just 15 minutes!
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Cooking time15 Minutes
- Servingserves 2 people
- Cooking methodStove
- 500 gpumpkin pulp
- 4 leavessage
- 2 spoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 spoontomato paste
- 1 pinchtable salt
- q.s.ground black pepper (optional)
– slice the onion finely, then put it in a saucepan together with the salt and 2 spoons of extra virgin olive oil, mix well;
– chop the pumpkin pulp into small cubes and put them onto the onions;
– put the saucepan onto the fire and cook over medium heat;
– chop the herbs finely;
– as soon as the onion starts to fry, add the herbs and then cover the saucepan with its lid and put the flame to minimum;
– let the vegetables to stew in its own liquid;
– meanwhile bring to boil abundant salted water in a separate pan;
– after 10 minutes from when the vegetables started to stew, add the tomato paste and mix well;
– pour the lentils pasta in the other pot and cook it;
– when the pasta is cooked, drain it and transfer it into a large bowl;
– remove the saucepan with the stewed pumpkin from the stove, and reduced everything to a smooth sauce with a blender;
– pour the sauce onto the cooked pasta and mix well;
– serve topped with some black pepper;