After the sweets of last week, I making some light healthy meals. With the very last aubergines of the seasons, I made this easy-to-make side dish which we use a lot at home.
You can also use courgettes to make this dish, as the recipes is the same.
- DifficultyVery easy
- CostVery cheap
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Cooking time15 Minutes
- Servingserves 2 people
- Cooking methodStove
- 2 spoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 spoonred vinegar
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 bouquetfresh mint (or parsley)
- 1 pinchtable salt
– cut the aubergines into thin slices;
– bring to heat a cast iron grill;
– grill each aubergine slice for about 1 minute on each side;
– transfer the grilled slices into a bowl;
– add the pinch of salt, the chopped garlic and herbs;
– add the oil and the vinegar and mix everything well;
– allow the aubergine to rest in the above marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the slices to absorb well all the seasoning
N.B. you can store the grilled marinated vegetable into a bowl sealed with cling film, in the fridge for up to 1 day.