This yet another cake which came out from the need for some ingredients I had at home to be used asap.
The result was a very nice surprise. The texture, the smell but especially the taste are truly amazing!
Simply D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S !!
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time1 Hour
- Servingserves 6 people
- Cooking methodOven
- 300 gpitted fresh cherries
- 200 gGreek white yogurt
- 150 gspelt flour (or white flour type 0)
- 150 glight muscovado brown sugar
- 100 mlsunflower oil (cold pressed)
- 50 gground dry coconut
- 2 teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1vanilla pod
- 1lemon (zest only)
– put the eggs, the vanilla seeds and the sugar into a bowl;
– whisk them together till you get a frothy cream;
– add the Greek yogurt and mix well;
– sift the flour onto it and mix well till it gets completely absorbed;
– add the ground coconut and mix well;
– add the grated zest of the lemon and mix well;
– add the oil and mix well till it gets absorbed completely;
– add half of the pitted cherries and the grated lemon zest, mix well;
– add the baking powder and mix well;
– pour the mixture onto a plum cake baking tray;
– top with the remaining cherries;
– bake at 170 degrees for about 60 minutes;
N.B. You must wait till the cake cool down completely before removing it from the baking tray, otherwise you would risk to break the cake.