The Torta Caprese is a traditional Italian chocolate and almond flourless cake named after the island of Capri from which it originates.
On my website you can find the original recipe, as well as the version with pistachio.
This one instead is made with lemon zest and white chocolate.
It is very simple to make and its unique texture and flavor will surely make you fall in love with this Italian cake!
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time30 Minutes
- Servingserves 6 people
- Cooking methodOven
- 185 gground almond
- 140 glight muscovado brown sugar
- 100 gwhite chocolate
- 100 mlextra virgin olive oil
- 50 gcorn starch
- 3lemon (grated zest only)
- 1 spoonlemoncello liqueur (optional)
- 1 pinchtable salt
- q.s.icing sugar (to decorate)
– put the ground almond and the cornstarch into a large bowl;
– grate the white chocolate onto them and mix well;
– grated the lemons zest and mix well;
– take 2 clean bowls and separate the yolks from the whites;
– whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff;
– beat the egg yolks with the sugar (add the liqueur if you like it) then pour the oil and mix well;
– pour the thus obtained yolks cream onto the bowl with the almond mixture and mix everything well;
– add the stiffed egg whites and mix gently with a rotary movement from the bottom to the top of the bowl;
– pour the mixture onto a greased baking tray of 18/20 cm diameter;
– bake at 165 degrees for 25/30 minutes;
– allow the cake to cool down, then sprinkle icing sugar on top;