The scent of roasted peppers (in dialect “pipi or roasted biezzi“) is typical of the summer season across Sicily. It is yet another smell and flavor which has deep roots in my childhood.
This easy recipe, can be used as a cold starter or a fresh side plates for your meat or fish course. Excellent also for your BBQs menu.
Red, orange, yellow and green: besides being a delicious plate, this recipe will also add fun and colors to your table!
- CostVery cheap
- Cooking time45 Minutes
- Servingserves 2 persons
- Cooking methodOven
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 pinchtable salt
- q.s.extra virgin olive oil
- q.s.lemon juice
- q.s.fresh mentuccia romana or parsley
– wash the pepperoni and wipe them well with a kitchen towel;
– fold a baking tray with baking paper, put the pepperoni onto it;
– bake at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes or till the outer skin has darkened and scorched;
– when the pepperoni skin has dried and scorched, pepperoni can be removed from the oven and placed onto a plate or pot to be immediately covered with a lid (this is in order to retain the steam inside, which would help to detach the skin more easily);
– once the pepperoni have cooled down, peel them, then remove the core seeds and filaments inside;
– cut the pepperoni into strips;
– season them with a pinch of salt, generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some drops of lemon juice, chopped garlic and chopped mentuccia (field balm) or fresh parsley.